Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > IIS Versions incompatibility between Server and Client

IIS Versions incompatibility between Server and Client

Eric

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup an environment with Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0
on server side and Windows XP Pro sp2 on client side that uses IIS 5.1.
I have tried to create a project on the server (IIS 6.0) from visual
studio installed on XP workstation but i get an error telling me that
IIS versions are different on client and server side and due to that it
can't create a project and set the permissions properly on it at server
side.

Is it possible to install IIS 6.0 on Windows XP?

If not do someone have any idea on how to solve this issue?

thanks for any advice

Eric

Keko

i'm work your config but no error.

"Eric" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to setup an environment with Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0
> on server side and Windows XP Pro sp2 on client side that uses IIS 5.1.
> I have tried to create a project on the server (IIS 6.0) from visual
> studio installed on XP workstation but i get an error telling me that
> IIS versions are different on client and server side and due to that it
> can't create a project and set the permissions properly on it at server
> side.
>
> Is it possible to install IIS 6.0 on Windows XP?
>
> If not do someone have any idea on how to solve this issue?
>
> thanks for any advice
>

> Eric

Eric

Here is the error I get and a possible workaround that is the
installation of front page extensions 2000 or 2002 on server side

Keko could you please confirm to me that you have Frontpage extension
installed and configured on your server. If not I'm very interested in
knowing how are your server 2003 and XP client configured.

Eric