Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: cancel request

Re: cancel request

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Adrian,

You'd get the best response from a client-side event which goes to the
"Cancel" page directly without requiring a postback and the processing that
it entails.

You could do this by using an old-fashioned HTML button or a linke, or by
inserting a little JavaScript into the server control like this:

Private Sub Page_Load _
(ByVal sender As System.Object, _
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) _
Handles MyBase.Load
Button2.Attributes.Add("onclick", _
"location.href='cancel.aspx';return false;")
End Sub

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

"Adrian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have built an ASP.Net (VB.Net) application. When the user clicks to go
>to a certain page, I need the ability to cancel the request to view the
>page (on occasions) or at least redirect back to the previous (current
>page)
>
> How do I do this?
>
> Many Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?QWRyaWFu?=

Thanks Ken, however the logic which decides whether I perform some actions or no actions take place on the code-behind of the target page. And the request for the target page is done in javascript from a button on the source page, so I have no scope for putting logic on the source page?? Hope that makes sense