Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Connected users list

Connected users list

Mircea Pleteriu

How to get the list of the users connected to my system?

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Mircea,

again - how are they connected.

if using a file share - it's in computer management -> shared folders ->
sessions

this information can be obtained via WMI (System.Management)

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> How to get the list of the users connected to my system?

Mircea Pleteriu

Hi,

My computer is part of a LAN.
Other users can logon (remotly) my system. I want to detect them.

The WMI on XP has some classes such as LoggedOnUser and LogonSession which
give the currenly loggedon users.
But this classes does not exist in WMI on W2k.

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hello Mircea,
>
> again - how are they connected.
>
> if using a file share - it's in computer management -> shared folders ->
> sessions
>
> this information can be obtained via WMI (System.Management)
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>
> > How to get the list of the users connected to my system?

[MSFT]

Did you mean the user connect to your windows 2000 server with terminal
Service? If so, maybe you can check the terminal Service manager to check
the logon user list.

Luke

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Mircea,

you could monitor the security log for logon events...

this can be established by the EventLog class or WMI

for an example on how to monitor the event log using .net:
http://www.leastprivilege.com/PermaL...4-1c8732d69d61

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> Hi,
>
> My computer is part of a LAN.
> Other users can logon (remotly) my system. I want to detect them.
> The WMI on XP has some classes such as LoggedOnUser and LogonSession
> which
> give the currenly loggedon users.
> But this classes does not exist in WMI on W2k.
> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>> Hello Mircea,
>>
>> again - how are they connected.
>>
>> if using a file share - it's in computer management -> shared folders
>> -> sessions
>>
>> this information can be obtained via WMI (System.Management)
>>
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
>> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>>> How to get the list of the users connected to my system?

Mircea Pleteriu

That's what I need... thanks

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hello Mircea,
>
> you could monitor the security log for logon events...
>
> this can be established by the EventLog class or WMI
>
> for an example on how to monitor the event log using .net:

http://www.leastprivilege.com/PermaL...4-4dec-a504-1c
8732d69d61