Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Forms Authentication Timeout with Frames

Forms Authentication Timeout with Frames

Jeronimo Bertran

I have implemented forms authentication on pages that are inside frames.

Everything works fine (logon and logoff) except when the session timeouts
wich displays the logon page INSIDE the frame. I have also tried forcing
the LoginPage to be the top window but the redirection makes the original
page a top window as well.

Thanks

Jeronimo

[MSFT]

Hello Heronimo,

How did you force the LoginPage to be the top window, with script? I think
you can add some script in the onload client event of LoginPage to force it
on top. Will this help?

Luke

Jeronimo Bertran

Luke,

I did call a script on the Onload....

function MakeTopmost()
{
if(window != window.top)
{
window.top.location.href = window.location.href;
}
}

The problem with this approach is that when I login again (after the
timeout), I get redirected back to the frame window but it also becomes a
topmost window.

Thanks

Jeronimo

[MSFT]

Hello Jeronimo,

As I understand, you want the login page will topmost window but not the
redirected page after login, is this correct? Did you use Iframe or
frameset? If with frameset, you may resize the the frame instead of :

window.top.location.href = window.location.href;

For example, when login, make the login frame 100% of the topmost window;
after redirect, make it 30%. Will this help on the issue?

Luke