Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > sharepoint and asp.net

sharepoint and asp.net

Bilderbach

we loaded sharepoint on our web server and all the machine/web.config
settings are conflicting with the few aps.net apps we have.

we told sharepoint to exclude the folders we have asp.net apps in, and have
been able to get around most issues with setting up web.configs in the
application directory.

had one that would not run unless I added a virtual directory so it would
ignore the main web.config all together because something was conflicting.
the error was:

in IIS.

Is this the recommended way to work together with sharepoint, setup a
virtual dir to bypass the sharepoint settings?

the problem i ran into with this theory is we am using freetext and had to
make another bin directory under the virtual dir so it could see it the
freetext...so I have to add a bin to every app, is there a way to reference
the main one with getting all the web.config settings?

I guess I am most interested in a good place to get the right way to config
sharepoint and asp.net applications to work well together, best pactices
others have found that works, we are just getting started with sharepoint and
its seems to be quite an animal.

Thanks,
-R

MCTS Sharepoint Server or Windows Sharepoint Services RajivI MCTS 2 10-06-2007 12:13 PM
infragistics and sharepoint orsobarry ASP .Net 0 11-18-2004 04:08 PM
ASP.Net Session disabled after installing SharePoint Service and BizTalk Server 2004 =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgU2hlbg==?= ASP .Net 3 03-04-2004 03:01 AM
IIS5 and Sharepoint 2001 STom ASP .Net 0 02-26-2004 03:35 PM
Sharepoint Webparts Session and Application Variables Tom ASP .Net 0 01-23-2004 09:31 PM

Advertisments