Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > cryptographic service provider problem

cryptographic service provider problem

Eli Kremer

I get an error "CryptoAPI cryptographic service provider
(CSP) for this implementation could not be acquired"

I used MachineKey store and DefaultKeyStore in order to
define a key container:

const int PROVIDER_RSA_FULL = 1;
const string CONTAINER_NAME = "SpiderContainer";
CspParameters cspParams;
cspParams = new CspParameters(PROVIDER_RSA_FULL);
cspParams.KeyContainerName = CONTAINER_NAME;
cspParams.Flags =
CspProviderFlags.UseDefaultKeyContainer;//UseMachineKeySto
re
cspParams.ProviderName = "Microsoft Strong
Cryptographic Provider";
rsa = new RSACryptoServiceProvider(cspParams);

This code fails in last row. Before some time this code
worked perfectly! I didn't perform any changes, but it
stopped working!I think there could be problems with
security srights to Machinekeystore. Thank to everybody
who can help me.

Duane Laflotte

Eli,
That is weird that it used to work and now is busted. I agree with the
thought that it may be a problem with the MachineKeyStore permissions. If
that is the case I would make sure that the ASPNET user has access to the
<root drive:>\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\microsoft\crypto\rsa\MachineKeys directory. This is a bit of a long
shot though, as it did worked before, but I would still check it out.
Hope this helps,

--
Duane Laflotte
MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA, MCSA, MCT, MCP+I

news:060d01c56155$72c38da0$(E-Mail Removed)...