Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Page with multiple IFRAMEs

Page with multiple IFRAMEs

benjessel@gmail.com

We have a web page with IFRAME "portlets". Each "portlet" is served
from either a different virtual server, or from a different server. All
these servers are in the same domain. The pages use integrated windows
authentication.

When the user visits the page he/she is prompted for a login for the
server. The user types in a known username. This is expected. However,
the user is prompted for each IFRAME; the client PC doesn't know that
these seperate servers are in the same domain so there is no actual
"domain login".

Our options are:

1) Establish a trust - not possible due to infrastructure constraints.
2) Use DNS mapping/URL re-writing to make it look as if the pages are
all on the same server; i.e the URL will always point to the same
server even if the pages are actually somewhere else.

I'm interested to know whether option 2 would work. Please can you help

Nicole Calinoiu

Approach #2 should work just fine. Under normal circumstances, the
credentials cached by the client browser for the main page will be passed
for the iframe source pages if they appear to load from the same site.
However, if you're in doubt, why not just try it with a simple sample?

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...