Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Directions for quering local SAM (user and groups account) databas

Directions for quering local SAM (user and groups account) databas

MilanB

Hello
I need directions how to query local SAM (local user and groups on current
computer) database against.
I know that for quering Active Directory we use DirectorySearcher, and etc.

I need to retrive user info: User SID, MemberOf Goups, Group SID and etc.

Thanks
Milan

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

You essentially would need to use the WinNT provider for ADSI/S.DS for local
machine use. The schema is a bit different, but if you follow the ADSI
documentation closely, you should be able to make it work.

Joe K.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...