Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Web Security Standards Body

Web Security Standards Body

Web Developer

Does anyone know if the W3C (or another accredited organization) has created
a web security standard - something like the ISO 9000 standard, but for
security? I'm architecting a public site with sensitive data, and I'd like
to have it's security model certified.

Thank you.

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Web,

well - there is the ISO 17799 / BS7799 Standard (http://www.bsi-global.com/ICT/index.xalter)

The Open Web Application Security Project (www.owasp.org)

or ISECOM Open Source Security Testing Methodoloy (http://www.isecom.org/)

HTH

Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> Does anyone know if the W3C (or another accredited organization) has
> created a web security standard - something like the ISO 9000
> standard, but for security? I'm architecting a public site with
> sensitive data, and I'd like to have it's security model certified.
>
> Thank you.

Web Developer

Thanks Dominick. DevelopMentor Rocks!