Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Check another server's certficate from asp.net Code behind

Check another server's certficate from asp.net Code behind

Wardeaux

I have an asp.net program that needs to request info from another server but
authenticate that other server certificate to ensure an "unauthroized"
redirect has occurred. Note that "authorized" redirect can occur, we need to
validate the server cert to ensure we're still submitting sensative info to
the correct server...
any clues where to start? Many thanks!
wardeaux

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

You might consider doing an HttpWebRequest to the target server and
implementing a custom ICertificatePolicy class to attach the
ServicePointManager. It will then call your function and allow you to see
the certificate, service point, request and certificate validation problem
(if there was one) and let you decide whether to allow the request or not.

Joe K.

"Wardeaux" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an asp.net program that needs to request info from another server
>but authenticate that other server certificate to ensure an "unauthroized"
>redirect has occurred. Note that "authorized" redirect can occur, we need
>to validate the server cert to ensure we're still submitting sensative info
>to the correct server...
> any clues where to start? Many thanks!
> wardeaux

Non-code behind to code behind John ASP .Net 2 02-19-2007 07:08 PM
Code-Behind Pain in the Behind! Daniel Manes ASP .Net 11 06-10-2005 09:47 PM
XMLSPY X.509 Certficate RamRod XML 0 09-28-2004 03:35 AM
application for mcsa certficate Reeja Thomas MCSA 0 07-31-2004 06:21 AM
Re: Code Behind vs. no code behind: error Ben Miller [msft] ASP .Net 1 06-28-2003 01:46 AM

Advertisments