Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Multiple authentication schemes

Multiple authentication schemes

Rasmus Oudal Edberg

Hi,

I am currently using a ASP.NET CMS system(umbraco.org) which
uses forms authentication.
The forms authentication is used to allow editing of pages etc.
Now i would like to use another scheme
(perhaps forms, or webservice) in the some custom controls I am
creating. The reason I would like to do this is that these controls
are going to connect to a backend system with another userdatabase.

So in short terms, how can I use multible authentication schemes in
an ASP.NET application?

Regards,

Rasmus Oudal Edberg

Shaun Wilde

Hi

Yes it is possible. We have a system were users can use client certificates
or username/password to be authenticated. We use forms authentication for
both. Once we have authenticated the user we create a standard cookie using
FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie and then treat all authenticated users the
same after that point ie determining permisssions based on the information in
that cookie.

Shaun

"Rasmus Oudal Edberg" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently using a ASP.NET CMS system(umbraco.org) which
> uses forms authentication.
> The forms authentication is used to allow editing of pages etc.
> Now i would like to use another scheme
> (perhaps forms, or webservice) in the some custom controls I am
> creating. The reason I would like to do this is that these controls
> are going to connect to a backend system with another userdatabase.
>
> So in short terms, how can I use multible authentication schemes in
> an ASP.NET application?
>

> Regards,
>
> Rasmus Oudal Edberg

Public registry for unprefixed XPointer schemes launched by W3C Henry S. Thompson XML 0 11-18-2005 07:41 PM
Marking schemes for exams Don Carter MCSD 1 02-23-2005 09:19 PM
get user color schemes jorge HTML 3 09-04-2004 07:40 PM
Shutter schemes / Mechanisms Dave Digital Photography 3 02-12-2004 09:45 PM
Can sound schemes be imported into XPHome? JMI Computer Support 0 10-11-2003 08:47 PM

Advertisments