Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Web Config Error What may be the problem?

Web Config Error What may be the problem?

Arif Çimen

Hi everybody,

I made my first ASP.Net application and deployed it.

There came an error on the server:

What may be wrong in web.config file , or do I have to put it on to the root
of my site.

Thanks for any help.

Arif Çimen.
Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 35: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile
services for member sites.
Line 36: -->
Line 37: <authentication mode="Forms" />
Line 38: <!-- AUTHORIZATION Windows
Line 39: This section sets the authorization policies of the
application. You can allow or deny access

Source File: C:\Webroot\tr\com\prowise\Proje Talep
Formu\WebApplication1\web.config Line: 37

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2032

Brock Allen

Yes, web.config with settings like <authentication> needs to be deployed
to the root directory of your application. This also means that you've configured
this directory in IIS as an independant application (aka virtual directory).

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen