Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > no write permissions

no write permissions

Jimmy

Hi

I trying to create a new directory "newdir" but i get the error:

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MakeLab4\newdir" is denied.

I think i have to grant the necessary permissions. Where can i do that
because in the explorer i can't find the security tab.

ch Jim

Jimmy

nevermind found it
"Jimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I trying to create a new directory "newdir" but i get the error:
>
> Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
> "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MakeLab4\newdir" is denied.
>
> I think i have to grant the necessary permissions. Where can i do that
> because in the explorer i can't find the security tab.
>

> ch Jim

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Just in case someone else is searching for the same problem:

Getting the Security Tab Back for Folders Using Windows XP Pro

http://weblogs.asp.net/kencox/archiv...24/359695.aspx

"Jimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I trying to create a new directory "newdir" but i get the error:
>
> Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
> "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MakeLab4\newdir" is denied.
>
> I think i have to grant the necessary permissions. Where can i do that
> because in the explorer i can't find the security tab.
>

> ch Jim

In-depth documenation on User Permissions, Group Permissions, ACLs, DCLs etc. Curt K ASP .Net 0 11-03-2006 04:54 PM
no write permissions Jimmy ASP .Net 2 03-22-2005 02:37 PM
ASPX file returning obscur runtime error - after changing permissions to a subweb (.net app) to different permissions than on its parent ? Isabelle ASP .Net 0 08-11-2004 02:04 PM
Re: Permissions - giving "everyone" full permissions is bad ? Scott Allen ASP .Net 0 07-13-2004 08:54 PM
Write permissions for ASPNET user on Windows 2003 Jose Lopes Moreira ASP .Net 0 07-18-2003 03:01 PM

Advertisments