Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > ASP, Error message

ASP, Error message

I'm making a project for school. In school everything worked, but now that I've took it Home. I get following error message if I want to run it:

"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. the project is not configured to be debugged."

When I look to the web.config file with the option "view in browser", I'll get following error message:

Server Error in '/ASP2TIAa' Application.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 37: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
Line 38: -->
Line 39: <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 40: <identity impersonate="true" />
Line 41:

Source File: E:\ASP\project\web.config Line: 39

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)

Brock Allen

Looks like your error is telling you what's wrong:

"This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as
an application in IIS."

Perhaps your directory isn't configured as a virtual directory in IIS?

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen