Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > cross-platform encryption

cross-platform encryption

scottrm

I am in a situation where text files will be produced in a java/unix
environment and need to be encrypted before they are sent over via ftp to a
windows/.net environment. If they are encrypted with say Triple DES at the
Unix end would I have any problems decrypting them at the windows end using
the tools built into .Net (obviously assuming I used the same algorithm to
decrypt them).

--
Scott

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Scott

We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

[MSFT]

Hi Scott,

There won't be a problem if we use same algorithms and key to decrypt in
..NET. And .NET framework has many build-in support for symmetric algorithms
:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/cpref/html/
frlrfsystemsecuritycryptographysymmetricalgorithmc lasstopic.asp

Luke