Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Form Post via HttpWebRequest

Form Post via HttpWebRequest

Tony Hunter

Hello,

I am trying to automatically login to websites after I have used SSO to get
the credentials. For my test, I am working with my Yahoo account. The code
that I am using is code that many have said works fine. I have done some
tweaking to fit my specific needs. The Problem is when I post to the My
Yahoo login page, the apparently the user name and password are being passed
because my user name is accepted, but I am told that there is an INVALID
PASSWORD. I know the password is correct because I use the account all the
time. Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help me? Thank you in
advance.

Tony

Here is the code I am using:

void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {

string appURL = "http://login.yahoo.com/config/login";
string strPostData = String.Format("login={0}&password={1}",
"myloginname", "mypassword");

// Setup the http request.
HttpWebRequest wrWebRequest = WebRequest.Create(appURL) as
HttpWebRequest;
wrWebRequest.Method = "POST";
wrWebRequest.ContentLength = strPostData.Length;
wrWebRequest.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
wrWebRequest.CookieContainer = new CookieContainer();

// Post to the login form.
StreamWriter swRequestWriter = new
StreamWriter(wrWebRequest.GetRequestStream());
swRequestWriter.Write(strPostData);
swRequestWriter.Close();

// Get the response.
HttpWebResponse hwrWebResponse =
(HttpWebResponse)wrWebRequest.GetResponse();

// Have some cookies.
CookieCollection ccCookies = hwrWebResponse.Cookies;

// Read the response
StreamReader srResponseReader = new
StreamReader(hwrWebResponse.GetResponseStream());
string strResponseData = srResponseReader.ReadToEnd();
srResponseReader.Close();

// Display the response.
Response.Write(strResponseData);
}

Tony Hunter

Never mind. I figured it out.

Tony

"Tony Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to automatically login to websites after I have used SSO to

get
> the credentials. For my test, I am working with my Yahoo account. The

code
> that I am using is code that many have said works fine. I have done some
> tweaking to fit my specific needs. The Problem is when I post to the My
> Yahoo login page, the apparently the user name and password are being

passed
> because my user name is accepted, but I am told that there is an INVALID
> PASSWORD. I know the password is correct because I use the account all

the
> time. Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help me? Thank you in
> advance.
>
> Tony
>
> Here is the code I am using:
>
> void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {
>
> string appURL = "http://login.yahoo.com/config/login";
> string strPostData = String.Format("login={0}&password={1}",
> "myloginname", "mypassword");
>
> // Setup the http request.
> HttpWebRequest wrWebRequest = WebRequest.Create(appURL) as
> HttpWebRequest;
> wrWebRequest.Method = "POST";
> wrWebRequest.ContentLength = strPostData.Length;
> wrWebRequest.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
> wrWebRequest.CookieContainer = new CookieContainer();
>
> // Post to the login form.
> StreamWriter swRequestWriter = new
> StreamWriter(wrWebRequest.GetRequestStream());
> swRequestWriter.Write(strPostData);
> swRequestWriter.Close();
>
> // Get the response.
> HttpWebResponse hwrWebResponse =
> (HttpWebResponse)wrWebRequest.GetResponse();
>
> // Have some cookies.
> CookieCollection ccCookies = hwrWebResponse.Cookies;
>
> // Read the response
> StreamReader srResponseReader = new
> StreamReader(hwrWebResponse.GetResponseStream());
> string strResponseData = srResponseReader.ReadToEnd();
> srResponseReader.Close();
>
> // Display the response.
> Response.Write(strResponseData);
> }

alexdp

Tony, so tell us.... What did it take to get it to work?

Alex