Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Forms login and expired accounts !

Forms login and expired accounts !

PL

If I have a forms login with persistant cookies how can I verify the
account is not expired ?

I want to run a piece of code everytime they come in no matter if they
pass through the login or have a persistant login cookie.

Is this possible ?

Thank
PL.

Chris Rolon

The Application_AuthenticateRequest method is called with every request.
Check the account status there.

--

Chris Rolon

"PL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> If I have a forms login with persistant cookies how can I verify the
> account is not expired ?
>
> I want to run a piece of code everytime they come in no matter if they
> pass through the login or have a persistant login cookie.
>
> Is this possible ?
>
> Thank
> PL.

PL

Thanks, I found that out shortly after making the post.

PL.

"Chris Rolon" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Application_AuthenticateRequest method is called with every request.
> Check the account status there.
>

> --
>
> Chris Rolon

PL

Another issue I have is how to invalidate all persistant logins for
the member if the password is updated.

Obviously there is no problem on the computer/browser he is using when
changing the password, I just call FormsAuthentication.SignOut() however if
he also logged in on another computer he will still get in without entering the
new password.

The obvious solution would be to save the date and time the password was changed
and compare it with when the ticket was created however I can't seem to find a
way to get the time of creation ?

PL.