Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > different between http://computer and http://computer.domain.com

different between http://computer and http://computer.domain.com

Peng Jie

Hi guys,

I built a winform control and ran it in IE to allow client dragdrop files in
it.
I setup up the UI permission of dotnet framework.
It works well when I use http://computer to access it.
But when I use http://computer.domain.com to access it,
even I use assert() to get the permission,
It still through out error "can't get permission of UI permission".

Who knows the different between these two?

Appreciate for any help.

--
===================
--$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$--

Yunus Emre ALP÷ZEN

I am not sure but i think http://computer may have network privileges and
http://computer.domain.com may have internet privileges which available
after .NET Framework 1.1
But not sure...
--
Thanks,
Yunus Emre ALP÷ZEN

"Peng Jie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi guys,
>
> I built a winform control and ran it in IE to allow client dragdrop files
> in
> it.
> I setup up the UI permission of dotnet framework.
> It works well when I use http://computer to access it.
> But when I use http://computer.domain.com to access it,
> even I use assert() to get the permission,
> It still through out error "can't get permission of UI permission".
>
> Who knows the different between these two?
>
> Appreciate for any help.
>
> --
> ===================
> --$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$--
> -----*********-----
> --------???--------
> ===================

Peng Jie

Thanks for reply.
I tried to add http://computer.domain.com to trusted sites.
It doesnt work.

"Yunus Emre ALP√ĖZEN" wrote:

> I am not sure but i think http://computer may have network privileges and
> http://computer.domain.com may have internet privileges which available
> after .NET Framework 1.1
> But not sure...
> --
> Thanks,
> Yunus Emre ALP√ĖZEN
>

> "Peng Jie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I built a winform control and ran it in IE to allow client dragdrop files
> > in
> > it.
> > I setup up the UI permission of dotnet framework.
> > It works well when I use http://computer to access it.
> > But when I use http://computer.domain.com to access it,
> > even I use assert() to get the permission,
> > It still through out error "can't get permission of UI permission".
> >
> > Who knows the different between these two?
> >
> > Appreciate for any help.
> >
> > --
> > ===================
> > --$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$--
> > -----*********-----
> > --------???--------
> > ===================

Ken Schaefer

One site is probably in the "Intranet" security zone, and the other is in
the "Internet" security zone.

Cheers
Ken

"Peng Jie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi guys,
>
> I built a winform control and ran it in IE to allow client dragdrop files
> in
> it.
> I setup up the UI permission of dotnet framework.
> It works well when I use http://computer to access it.
> But when I use http://computer.domain.com to access it,
> even I use assert() to get the permission,
> It still through out error "can't get permission of UI permission".
>
> Who knows the different between these two?
>
> Appreciate for any help.
>
> --
> ===================
> --$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$--
> -----*********-----
> --------???--------
> ===================

Peng Jie

Thank you. I added this site to local intranet. It works.
When I added it to trusted site, the security level is low, and it doesnt
work.
The localintranet's security level is medium-low, and it works.
Both are default value. It doesn't make sence.

"Ken Schaefer" wrote:

> One site is probably in the "Intranet" security zone, and the other is in
> the "Internet" security zone.
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>

> "Peng Jie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I built a winform control and ran it in IE to allow client dragdrop files
> > in
> > it.
> > I setup up the UI permission of dotnet framework.
> > It works well when I use http://computer to access it.
> > But when I use http://computer.domain.com to access it,
> > even I use assert() to get the permission,
> > It still through out error "can't get permission of UI permission".
> >
> > Who knows the different between these two?
> >
> > Appreciate for any help.
> >
> > --
> > ===================
> > --$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$--
> > -----*********-----
> > --------???--------
> > ===================

Ken Schaefer

Suggest you check in an IE newsgroup, but AFAIK there are some differences
between Intranet, and Trusted Sites, eg (auto logon in Intranet zone only
setting etc)

Cheers
Ken

"Peng Jie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you. I added this site to local intranet. It works.
> When I added it to trusted site, the security level is low, and it doesnt
> work.
> The localintranet's security level is medium-low, and it works.
> Both are default value. It doesn't make sence.
>
> "Ken Schaefer" wrote:
>
>> One site is probably in the "Intranet" security zone, and the other is in
>> the "Internet" security zone.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Ken
>>

>> "Peng Jie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi guys,
>> >
>> > I built a winform control and ran it in IE to allow client dragdrop
>> > files
>> > in
>> > it.
>> > I setup up the UI permission of dotnet framework.
>> > It works well when I use http://computer to access it.
>> > But when I use http://computer.domain.com to access it,
>> > even I use assert() to get the permission,
>> > It still through out error "can't get permission of UI permission".
>> >
>> > Who knows the different between these two?
>> >
>> > Appreciate for any help.
>> >
>> > --

Peng Jie

Appreciate your help. Check in other IE newsgroup now.