Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Linksys WPC54GX Installation

Linksys WPC54GX Installation

JB

I'm installing the software that came with the card. Driver installs
correctly and I can use the Windows wireless network confiruation utility
and I do get the card to work but when I try to install the Linksys line
monitor software it fails saying the installation was interrupted. The
install is stopped, rolled back and no software is installed. Can I use the
Linksys software with this card and XP or am I only to use XP wireless
configuration? Anyone run into this before? IBM laptop running XP Pro,
SP2.

Thanks

Gary Smith

My experience was that the Linksys software would not work reliably on XP
SP2. I eventually fixed the problem by disabling the Linsys software and
using the XP wireless configuration management instead. The card I have
is not the same model you mention, so your experience may be different.

--
Gary L. Smith
Columbus, Ohio