Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > ASPNET Account not created

ASPNET Account not created

ScoutLee

I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am developing an
asp.net application (VS2002). I didn't have an ASPNET account (system came
with .NET Framework 1.0) so I downloaded and installed v1.1 in hopes that an
ASPNET account would be created. It wasn't. What can I do to get the
account created?

Paul Clement

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am developing an
asp.net application (VS2002). I didn't have an ASPNET account (system came
with .NET Framework 1.0) so I downloaded and installed v1.1 in hopes that an
ASPNET account would be created. It wasn't. What can I do to get the
account created?

This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running Server 2003 correct?

If neither of these are true then see the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827641

Paul ~~~ http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

WJ

"Paul Clement" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am developing an
> asp.net application (VS2002). I didn't have an ASPNET account (system
> came
> with .NET Framework 1.0) so I downloaded and installed v1.1 in hopes
> that an
> ASPNET account would be created. It wasn't. What can I do to get the
> account created?
>

> This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running Server
> 2003 correct?

How can a Windows XP Pro be a domain controller to start with ?

John

Paul Clement

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:08:15 -0500, "WJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

"Paul Clement" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am developing an
> asp.net application (VS2002). I didn't have an ASPNET account (system
> came
> with .NET Framework 1.0) so I downloaded and installed v1.1 in hopes
> that an
> ASPNET account would be created. It wasn't. What can I do to get the
> account created?
>

> This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running Server
> 2003 correct?

How can a Windows XP Pro be a domain controller to start with ?

John

It can't, unless you confuse it with 2003 Server. I make no assumptions.

Paul ~~~ (E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

WJ

"Paul Clement" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:08:15 -0500, "WJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> "Paul Clement" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am
> developing an
>
> > This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running
> Server
> > 2003 correct?
> >

> How can a Windows XP Pro be a domain controller to start with ?
>
> John
>

> It can't, unless you confuse it with 2003 Server. I make no assumptions.

No, it was you, not me! I was never confused ! I know that the original
poster said that his PC is "XP Pro.". And you asked him this question below:
------
"This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running
Server 2003 correct?"
------

That prompted me throwing out the question to you!..

John

Paul Clement

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:35:25 -0500, "WJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

"Paul Clement" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:08:15 -0500, "WJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> "Paul Clement" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am
> developing an
>
> > This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running
> Server
> > 2003 correct?
> >

> How can a Windows XP Pro be a domain controller to start with ?
>
> John
>

> It can't, unless you confuse it with 2003 Server. I make no assumptions.

No, it was you, not me! I was never confused ! I know that the original
poster said that his PC is "XP Pro.". And you asked him this question below:
------
"This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running
Server 2003 correct?"
------

That prompted me throwing out the question to you!..

I think you're confused because I never said you were confused...until now.

Paul ~~~ (E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)