Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > FormsAuthentication system dsn odbc error

FormsAuthentication system dsn odbc error

Michael S.

I have an asp.net application which uses FormsAuthentication.
I have a reference to a vb6 dll (updateSage).
I pass to the updateSage.dll values to update a database and a
connection string.
The connection string is a System DSN.
The DSN is on the same machine as the ASP.Net application.
The Database the DSN connects to is on a different server.
I get an ODBC error when I try to update the database.

I have called the same dll using a vb.net application with no problem.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

I thought it might be something to do with security not have
sufficiient permission to access the other server but if this is the
case how do I get round it.
Thanks
Michael

Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)

Can you post the error?

--
Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)
MCP ASP.NET C#

"Michael S." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>I have an asp.net application which uses FormsAuthentication.
> I have a reference to a vb6 dll (updateSage).
> I pass to the updateSage.dll values to update a database and a
> connection string.
> The connection string is a System DSN.
> The DSN is on the same machine as the ASP.Net application.
> The Database the DSN connects to is on a different server.
> I get an ODBC error when I try to update the database.
>
> I have called the same dll using a vb.net application with no problem.
>
> Does anyone know what could be wrong?
>
> I thought it might be something to do with security not have
> sufficiient permission to access the other server but if this is the
> case how do I get round it.
> Thanks
> Michael

michael@harebell.co.uk

The error is not very helpful -
'01000: The driver returned invalid (or failed to return)
SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 2.00'

michael@harebell.co.uk

The message is not very helpful -