Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > object Serialization

object Serialization

AVL

Hi,
I'm new to .net. I need some info on serialization.

What is serialization? Why do we need it? Why objects need to be serialized
if they need to be stored in session or viewstate?

Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)

Hi AVL

> What is serialization?

With serialisation you can save objects with their states (values of the
fields in the class) to an xml file and of course restore them to their
states when they were saved.

> Why do we need it?

Maybe you like to save the state of an object

> Why objects need to be serialized?

For example if you want to clone an object, serialization can be very
usefull.

> If they need to be stored in session or viewstate?

No. I use filesystem.

--
Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)
MCP ASP.NET C#