Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Form Authentication

Form Authentication

Anil

Hi All,

We will be using form authentication in out website. We have two totally
different types of users in our site.

Type 1
Has 2 different roles in it

Type 2
Has 3 different roles in it

The data we collect for Type 1 is very different than Type 2.

That's why, we want to use two different forms authentication at our site.
Just wanted to know is it possible to do it in dot net for a single website.

Please let me know how to do it. If someone has sample code, please send it.

Thanks in Advance,
Anil

ranganh

Dear Anil,

You don't need to use two different authentication's for accomplishing this.
You can use role based authorization and set all the functionalities for the
different roles you mentioned in your post.

Check my Article on Role based authorization in the following URL. It might
help you.

http://aspnet_harish.blogspot.com/20...plication.html

It has the code to set the authentication and then play with authorization
to show and perform different actions based on user's roles.

Thanks.