Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > DSO on IIS and Administrators group

DSO on IIS and Administrators group

AdamCodec

Hi,

We have serious problem using DSO within .Net code via IIS - smart client
scenario.
We make it in some very specific case and we are using just one, special
user for it. This is acceptable that this user is the member of OLAP
Administrator group, but this is not acceptable that the user is a member of
Administrators group. Unfortunatelly we found that both is somehow
necessary - even empowered Power Users did not help.

We have checked:
1. The code which runs DSO is run as the special user and not ASP.Net user
or any other (impersonate=true)
2. aspcompat = true
3. Have checked number of settings in Security rules like e.g. remote
delegation
4. We could not find any possition which applies to DSO COM object in
Component Services

Please let us know if there is any way how this case can be solved!
Thanks in advance,
Adam Koszlajda
Software Development Manager
Codec Systems Poland