Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > creating a user profile for the aspnet user

creating a user profile for the aspnet user

Andy Fish

Hi,

I have an asp.net web app that needs to invoke MS word. I have given the
ASPNET user the relevant privileges and eveything works fine. However, I
notice I now have "c:\my documents" and "c:\application data" owned by
ASPNET which I presume is because it doesn't have it's own user profile.

Obviously the password is controlled by windows so I can't just login
interactively and create a profile for this user. Is there any way round it
or do I just live with these directories being where they are?

my target platform is win2003 server so I guess the account I'm actually
concerned about will be "NETWORK SERVICE"

TIA

Andy

Thomas McFarlane

You would leave them as default (Local Policy): Deny logon locally to ASPNET
account. Allow both logon as a "service".

Tom

"Andy Fish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have an asp.net web app that needs to invoke MS word. I have given the
> ASPNET user the relevant privileges and eveything works fine. However, I
> notice I now have "c:\my documents" and "c:\application data" owned by
> ASPNET which I presume is because it doesn't have it's own user profile.
>
> Obviously the password is controlled by windows so I can't just login
> interactively and create a profile for this user. Is there any way round
> it or do I just live with these directories being where they are?
>
> my target platform is win2003 server so I guess the account I'm actually
> concerned about will be "NETWORK SERVICE"
>
> TIA
>
> Andy

Andy Fish

sorry, I'm not sure I understand how this would help

my problem is that I want to create a user profile for this user but I still
want windows to control the password, so I can't log on interactively to
create the user profile

news:(E-Mail Removed)...