Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Login failed for user 'MachineName\ASPNET

Login failed for user 'MachineName\ASPNET

pshiue

I am developing ASP.NET application in VS.NET.
It gave me an error message "Login failed for user 'MachineName\ASPNET".
I tried to share the database directory but it did not work.
I look into the database connection when setting the properties. It tested
OK.
However, when I run the application, it gives me error.
When I first develop this application as Windows application, it was fine.
Now, I make it as ASP.NET application and then it does work.
I also looking the knowledge base Q316989 but it does help me much. Maybe I
miss something.
Does anyone has any suggestions? Thanks.

Paul Shiue

Paul

I got it to work. Here is the information:

ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/vbcon/html/vbtskAccessingSQLServerUsingWindowsIntegratedSecur ity.htm

Thanks everybody for your help.

Paul