Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > ASP.NET hosting & MS Access

ASP.NET hosting & MS Access

FARID

We are trying to offer free ASP & ASP.NET hosting. I read alot of articles
and documentation in order to setup and offer ASP.NET and MS Access. Based
of what I read, MS Access requires FullTrust in order to work. Providing
fullTrust will be very risky in the ISP environment. In there anyway to lock
an application in it's directory and prevent accessing other customers data
while keeping MS Access support.
Please help.
Run each site in a separate application pool will not be an option because
we have to create thousands of application pools.

thanks alot

Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)

By default
>> MS Access requires FullTrust

But you can allow OleDB in a Custom or the Internet PermissionSet.

--
Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)
MCP C# ASP.NET

"FARID" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We are trying to offer free ASP & ASP.NET hosting. I read alot of articles
> and documentation in order to setup and offer ASP.NET and MS Access. Based
> of what I read, MS Access requires FullTrust in order to work. Providing
> fullTrust will be very risky in the ISP environment. In there anyway to
> lock
> an application in it's directory and prevent accessing other customers
> data
> while keeping MS Access support.
> Please help.
> Run each site in a separate application pool will not be an option because
> we have to create thousands of application pools.
>
> thanks alot

admin

For testing, sorry

FARID

Thank you all for youe reply.

My understanding was the OLE DB and ODBC data resources demand full trust.
We can't use a custom policy.
In ISP environment, how can we allow users to use OLE DB and ODBC data
resources and at the same time lock
an application in it's directory??
How can we sandbox the resources?
Would you please send me a sample code with instruction how to configure the
web server?

Thanks alot

"Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)" <info@(removethis)lennybacon.com> wrote in
message news:OzbpfZ$(E-Mail Removed)...