Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Newbie - Mixed Mode Security

Newbie - Mixed Mode Security

Des Norton

Hi NG

I am busy planning a new project for a client. This is my first ASP.NET app.
This will be an Intranet, therefore I am considering Windows Authentication.

However:
1. They have a number of user that dial into their network, and log on to
the domain.
Am I correct in assuming that they will be covered by Windows
Authentication?

2. In the not too distant future, They would like to make certain portions
of the site available to users who will be accessing it via the Internet.
For this I am considering Forms Authentication. Is it possible to have both
Window and forms Authentication on the same Application? If YES, Where can
I find documentation on implementing it?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Des Norton

[MSFT]

Hello,

For question 1, dial-in user also have a windows account and this is
covered by Windows Authentication.
For question 2, you may take a look at following article to see if this can
resolve the problem:

How to authenticate against the Active Directory by using Forms
authentication and Visual C# .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q316748

If you have further question, please feel free to let me know.

Luke

Des Norton

Thanks Luke

I will look into it