Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > HELP WITH IMPERSONATING

HELP WITH IMPERSONATING

u_heet

Hi, I am a newbie at asp.net so I appreciate all of your help.

I have a datagrid displaying unc_path's as a hyperlink to network shares.
The problem that I'm having is that I get "Access denied" but only on serverB.
ServerA is local, ServerB is remote. I tried impersonating an "admin"
account in a web.config file but it doesn't seem to work. The output of
System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurre nt().Name shows the correct
domain account I'm trying to impersonate. Weird thing is if I log into my
machine as the account I'm trying to impersonate I can access the shares in
both serverA and serverB with no problems.

My web.config looks like this:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
<identity impersonate="true" userName="myDomain\Admin" password="Admin" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

Am I missing something?