Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Can't logoff from IIS with Windows Identity

Can't logoff from IIS with Windows Identity

Andrzej Nycz

Hi,
I'm using Windows Authentication in my ASPNET application, but there is no
way to logoff user beside to close the browser because user is cached on
client side.

any solutions ??, help, please...

Andy

Paul Clement

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:28:32 +0200, "Andrzej Nycz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Hi,
I'm using Windows Authentication in my ASPNET application, but there is no
way to logoff user beside to close the browser because user is cached on
client side.

any solutions ??, help, please...

This is correct. The only way to flush credentials is via the browser or underlying browser
technology. In addition, the process (if supported) would be different depending upon the type of
browser being used. For example there is an ActiveX component that will enable you to do this with
IE but it would have to be downloaded and installed on the client first.

The best way to enable this feature is to use Simple Forms Authentication instead of Basic or
Integrated NT authentication.

Paul ~~~ http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)