Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Forms Authentication won't redirect to login page

Forms Authentication won't redirect to login page

Max Figueredo via .NET 247

I'm trying to set basic form authentication on a webapp. I allaccess restricted to authenticated users. After changing theWeb.config file in the app's root, I'm still not beingredirected to the login page, I can freely access anything. Notethat, although I have used forms auth. before, this is a newtest server.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>

<system.web>
<compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".FORUM"
loginUrl="login.aspx"
protection="All"
timeout="30"
path="/"/>
</authentication>

<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>

<trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="false"traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true" />

<sessionState
mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="datasource=127.0.0.1;Trusted_ Connection=yes"
cookieless="false"
timeout="20"
/>

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8"responseEncoding="utf-8" />

</system.web>

<location path="Secure/">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

</configuration>

Things that I have tried already include:
- Reinstalling ASP.net
- Creating a separate "Secure" subdirectory, with a separateweb.config restricting acces. Same result, I don't getredirected to the login page.
- Accessing web app from different machines.

I have the feeling that it has something to do with serverconfiguration / permissions, if someone could maybe point intothe right direction.

Thanks !

Max

From: Max Figueredo

<Id>vAhmKdekNU6YhIZeIJyLng==</Id>