Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > .DLL Soucre Code Question

.DLL Soucre Code Question

Mr. Cheung

Hi All,

I use .NET 1.1 vbc.exe command :
vbc /rxx.dll /t:library test.vb
to general a test.dll.

This library provides some web custom controls for ASP.NET developer use.
I don't use the vbc.exe option "/debug".

Suppose I just only send test.dll file to other people use.

Is it possible other people can see the test.dll source code
with Visual Studio.net through debug mode ?

Is there any other third party tool or tricky method can show .dll source code?

Thanks

Hermit Dave

oh yes there are hell lot of decompilers...
they even generate the source into any language you wish to.

you can make it difficult by using a good obfuscator. a stardard version of
one of those ships with visual studio.

for decompilers look up reflector.. its one of the best ones.

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)