Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure

You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure

Steve Harris

I have an application where I move a user from http to https to http.
On every move from https to http I get the following popup:

You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.........

I running on Windows 2000 with IE Version 6 with SP1

I have tried unticking the following from Tools > InternetOptions > Advanced

Warn if changing between secure and not secure
Warn if forms submittal is being redirected

Does anyone know how to disable this popup?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

[MSFT]

Hi Steve,

By disabling the two options, the warning message should disappear. On the
message box, there is a check box "in the future, do not show this
warning". If you check it, will the message box be pop up again?

Luke

Steve Harris

Hi Luke,

My version is IE6 SP1 (version 6.0.2800.1106) installed from my MSDN
subscription discs.
How do I get the version you are using?

Steve

"[MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Steve,
>
> Please see the image in the attachment. On my computer, there is indeed a
> check box. Did this problem occur with all your clients? Currently I am
> working with IE 6.0 SP1 (version 6.0.3790.0). Is this same as yours?
>
> Luke

[MSFT]

Hi Steve,

You may browse to this page to see if you can update your IE:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...1/default.mspx

Luke

Steve Harris

Hi Luke,

This informs me I have the most recent version already installed.

Steve

"[MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Steve,
>
> You may browse to this page to see if you can update your IE:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...1/default.mspx
>
> Luke

[MSFT]

Hi Steve,

You can open the registry on your computer and check following keys

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet
Settings\WarnonZoneCrossing
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet
Settings\WarnOnPostRedirect

What is the value? If the warning is disabled, they should be zero.

Regards,

Luke

[MSFT]

Hi Steve,

I aslo reproduce the problem with your code or your site. The warning
message bos actually was displayed even I has disabled in IE. After further
research, I found this is a security feature of IE. It only occur after we
submit a form and we are
redirected to a non-secure page to handle the request. The warning dialog
will be displayed. It is a "by design" issue. The only work around is to
redirect on client side. For example, after handle the request, we can
write some script code to client like "window.navigate(...)".

If you have further questions, please feel free to let me know.

Luke

[MSFT]

Hi Steve,

Did you still have any concern on it? If you need more assistance, please
feel free to let me know.

Luke

John Constant

Luke

I've encountered the same problem with a C# application which is hosting the
WebBrowser, even after implementing the IInternetSecurityManager interface
there doesn't seem to be anyway to prevent this dialog from being displayed.
Is this true, the application I'm writing is designed to run unattended but
hits a third party web site which causes this problem so the application
halts until a user clicks a button.

Regards

John Constant