Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Preventing direct linking picture and video files ?

Preventing direct linking picture and video files ?

Petri

Dear newsreaders,

Access to aspx-pages can be prevented for example checking authentication
cookie
on page_onload part of code.
But is there any way to prevent direct access to indivual files (eg.
picture.jpg , video.wmv )
so that instead of showing file contents there would be a redirection to an
authentication form ?
The idea here is to prevent direct / hotlinking to my web site resources.
I am using a hosting service, so I do not have access to IIS settings.
I would appreciate any idea.

best regards,

Petri

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

Write an iHTTPModule that checks for the referrer and redirect if its not
coming from within one of your pages.

--
Regards

John Timney