Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Debugging problem in Win 2000 prof.

Debugging problem in Win 2000 prof.

Johyson

Hi,

System Config:

Win 2000 Prof.
..Net Framework 1.0

I was working on an asp.net project and suddenly one morning after a
restart of the system i started getting the following error:

"Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-
error occurred on sending debug HTTP request."

I have never installed any other versions of framework before or
after. Also when i earlier installed it was .Net after IIS.

What i checked to solve this:

1. If IIS mapping for .aspx files have gone away suddenly. No, they
are very much present.
2. If the "Impersonate user after authentication" in local security
policies have the aspnet account? yes, it has
3. For the application what is the settings in the directory security
tab in IIS -> it is Anonymous Access and Integrated Windows
Authentication, both checked.
4. Each and everyone in my system are already members of debugger
users group

What i tried to solve this:

1. Try running the project in non-dubug mode. Got following error.
" Server Application Unavailable...blah blah..". Got a fix from MS
which is supposedly for XP, but still applied it. No change.

2. Tried to remove the Anonymous Access in IIS(As per suggested in one
of the posts). Got a new error
"Error while trying to run a project: Unable to start debugging on the
web
server. Would you like to disable future
attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project"

I am really lost. I am in the middle of serious development and since
last two days, i have been trying to solve this.

Any help is greatly appreciated, for you might save some harsh words
which i would have to hear.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Raghavendra T V

Hi Johyson,

I understand you.
Even i faced the same problem as you are facing and found a lot difficulty
in solving it.

Check this links
VS.NET debugging problems ( you should be able to solve your problem by
reading this document )
http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp...erproblems.doc

http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/FA...minASPNET.aspx

http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_306163.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306163

Hope this solves your problem

Thanks
Raghavendra

"Johyson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> System Config:
>
> Win 2000 Prof.
> .Net Framework 1.0
>
> I was working on an asp.net project and suddenly one morning after a
> restart of the system i started getting the following error:
>
> "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-
> error occurred on sending debug HTTP request."
>
> I have never installed any other versions of framework before or
> after. Also when i earlier installed it was .Net after IIS.
>
> What i checked to solve this:
>
> 1. If IIS mapping for .aspx files have gone away suddenly. No, they
> are very much present.
> 2. If the "Impersonate user after authentication" in local security
> policies have the aspnet account? yes, it has
> 3. For the application what is the settings in the directory security
> tab in IIS -> it is Anonymous Access and Integrated Windows
> Authentication, both checked.
> 4. Each and everyone in my system are already members of debugger
> users group
>
> What i tried to solve this:
>
> 1. Try running the project in non-dubug mode. Got following error.
> " Server Application Unavailable...blah blah..". Got a fix from MS
> which is supposedly for XP, but still applied it. No change.
>
> 2. Tried to remove the Anonymous Access in IIS(As per suggested in one
> of the posts). Got a new error
> "Error while trying to run a project: Unable to start debugging on the
> web
> server. Would you like to disable future
> attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project"
>
> I am really lost. I am in the middle of serious development and since
> last two days, i have been trying to solve this.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated, for you might save some harsh words
> which i would have to hear.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: switching OS from win.2000 to win. 98se Plato Computer Support 0 02-21-2005 11:27 PM
win 2000 vs win 2003 Tim Kettring MCSE 6 03-01-2004 11:57 PM
Formatting a win 2000 laptop and reinstalling Win 98se Trent C Computer Support 15 12-17-2003 08:23 PM
Uninstalling win 2000 and keeping the old win me Fred Erfmann Computer Support 0 06-26-2003 08:29 PM

Advertisments