Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > CAPICOM, Certificate Stores, and ASP.NET

CAPICOM, Certificate Stores, and ASP.NET

SDWR

Hello,

I'm working on an ASP.NET web application that takes in an encrypted data
token and decrypts it. On my Windows XP box, I have created a public/private
key pair using makecert.exe and imported it into the LocalMachine/MY
certificate store. However, when I get the encrypted token, I'm getting the
following error in my ASP page:

Certificate for recipient(s) specified in the EnvelopedData object cannot be
found.

Now, when I run the exact same code as a standalone application, it works -
this leads me to believe that my problem is permissions-oriented. I have
downloaded and used the WinHTTPCertConfig tool to grant the ASPNET,
IUSR_machinename and IWAM_machinename accounts private key access to the
LOCAL_MACHINE\My key store. But when I access the local machine MY store and
iterate through the certificates, I am still getting an error accessing the
private key of the certificate that I want.

Does anybody have a suggestion for getting ASPNET access to the private keys?

TIA,

Scott