Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Question about authentication, need help pls

Question about authentication, need help pls

Ivan Ivanov

Hi,

I have the following question - is it possbile, from an aspx page, to get
the currently logged in user on the windows machine,
that is accessing the page. But without using windows authentication.
I want to use forms authentication but at the same time be able to get the
currently logged in user opening the aspx page.
Actually the problem i'm trying to solve is the following :
If the user accessing the site is logged in the domain than i let him access
the site,
if not than i provide him with a login page and authenticate him against a
db account.

Thanks

Ivan