Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > CertificatePolicy and .Net requests

CertificatePolicy and .Net requests

I created an web application that accesses sites via SSL.
Those sites cause a Security Alert (certificate name
doesn't match host name). I created a class to
override/accept all certificates and assigned it to the
CertificatePolicy.

I would like to do something along the lines of
Response.Redirect(https url), but since the Response
object is not part of the .Net namespace the certificate
is not overriden/accepted. I tried using a WebClient to
download the data and then did a Response.Write(data
downloaded). The page has web controls that need to be
active, but they aren't active using this idea since the
data isn't a link to the website, just a copy to the data.

Any ideas how I can link my web application to the website
and bypass/accept the certificate?