Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Single sign-on with .ASPXAUTH cookie

Single sign-on with .ASPXAUTH cookie

Andrey Skvortsov

How I can issue web forms authentification cookie that can be used by both applications located on same server(server wide asp.net cookie)?I've one users' domain but asp.net encrypts .ASPXAUTH cookies differently for these two applications
What can I do with it?

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

Make sure the cookie name and path are the same. Also, in the
machine.config, it will have the encryption key set to something like :-

<machineKey validationKey="AutoGenerate,IsolateApps"
decryptionKey="AutoGenerate,IsolateApps" validation="SHA1" />

The "isolateApps" means that a different key will be AutoGenerated for
*each* application. You can either remove the isolateApps option or insert a
specific key value for it to use.

--
- Paul Glavich
Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

"Andrey Skvortsov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How I can issue web forms authentification cookie that can be used by both

applications located on same server(server wide asp.net cookie)?I've one
users' domain but asp.net encrypts .ASPXAUTH cookies differently for these
two applications.
> What can I do with it?

Andrey Skvortsov

Thanks Paul,don't know about this setting, so ASP.NET supports single sign-on out of the box-wonderful!

Hernan de Lahitte

You have a full sample of SSO with Forms here:
http://weblogs.asp.net/hernandl/arch...formsauth.aspx

--
Hernan de Lahitte
Lagash Systems S.A.