Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Confused

Confused

Aaron

When I use these lines in the web.config on my local development machine
everything works great.

<identity impersonate="true"/>
<authentication mode="Windows" />

I have a label on the form telling me which user is logged in and I when
I run the application, I get prompted for a username/password/domain and
when I enter my credntials, my domain\username shows up as DEVELOPMENT
\Aaron.My local IIS is using Integrated auth only.

If I move my application to the production server I get access denied.
I have set IIS to Integrated Auth only and even given EVERYONE full
control permissions on the files in the webbizdev directory where the app
is running from.

What am I missing?

Here is the error message when running from the server.

Thanks,

Server Error in '/' Application.
-------

Access is denied.

Exception Details: System.ApplicationException: Access is denied.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the

Stack Trace:

[ApplicationException: Access is denied.
]
System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity._Resolve Identity(IntPtr
userToken) +0
System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_Name () +71
System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationConfigRule.I sUserAllowed
(IPrincipal user, String verb) +100
System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationConfig.IsUse rAllowed(IPrincipal
user, String verb) +81
System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter (Object source,
EventArgs eventArgs) +178

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpA pplication+IExecutionSt
ep.Execute() +60
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
completedSynchronously) +87

Svein Terje Gaup

Have you tried to fetch
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVaria bles["LOGON_USER"]? Does
this return anything?
Could you perhaps post the bit of code that fails?

Sincerely
Svein Terje Gaup

news:Xns94E870DB4FE55aaronjonharveycom@207.46.248. 16...

confused! Dennis J. Tuchler Firefox 4 05-19-2005 12:04 AM
Thunderbird 1.0 got confused with news 'Captain' Kirk DeHaan Firefox 0 12-24-2004 08:16 PM
Utterly confused - web, sql tables what to use for development? RichGK ASP .Net 1 07-31-2004 05:16 AM
Confused and bewildered. DJ Miller ASP .Net 4 09-04-2003 06:10 PM
Confused. Need Help! Cobra Pilot Perl 1 07-22-2003 03:21 PM

Advertisments