Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Help! Problem Try to Create DNS Zone entry in Production

Help! Problem Try to Create DNS Zone entry in Production

Wade.Beasley

I have created a class library for use in an ASP.NET application. It is
for a Domain Registration website like register.com. The problem is the
scripts are run via the shell command, making use of the dnscmd.exe. The
production server is Windows 2003 and IIS 6.0 and running asp.net 1.1. I
know the security is tighter on windows 2003 but does anyone have any code
and security settings to make this happen?? I need this asap for my
client.

Thanks,
Wade Beasley
Solution Designers, LLC

Jason DeFontes

One thing you can do in Server 2003, is go into the IIS Manager and create a
new Application Pool for your application, and on the Identity tab change
the identity to a user account that has the necessary privleges to run the
command-line application (like Local System, or a specific user that you've
created). Then find your application under Web Sites, and change the
application pool that it uses in the site's properties. I've used this to
work around a similar problem.

-Jason

"Wade.Beasley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have created a class library for use in an ASP.NET application. It is
> for a Domain Registration website like register.com. The problem is the
> scripts are run via the shell command, making use of the dnscmd.exe. The
> production server is Windows 2003 and IIS 6.0 and running asp.net 1.1. I
> know the security is tighter on windows 2003 but does anyone have any code
> and security settings to make this happen?? I need this asap for my
> client.
>
> Thanks,
> Wade Beasley
> Solution Designers, LLC