Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Urgent- .Net 1.1 - Failure in loading a dll on another machine

Urgent- .Net 1.1 - Failure in loading a dll on another machine

Somit Goyal via .NET 247

05-07-2004
Hi,
I have an ASP.Net web application. The application loads a datadll when it is accessed for the first time. The application wasrunning fine when it was running on .NET 1.0. As soon as Iswitch over to .NET 1.1 it starts giving me an error. Idiscovered that if the Windows user accessing the webapplication has administrative rights on the server machine, theapplication runs fine. But if the user is not an administratoron the server machine, the dll fails to load. Once the dll is inmemory, then if you access the application from any machine, itworks fine.
I have tried giving full rights to Everyone on the directorywhere the dll resides, but still no success. What has changed in.NET 1.1 that could have caused this? What's the remedy?
Its urgent, so any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
--------------------------------

-----------------------
Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)

<Id>9Uj2w7wxuUCrbg8EcfWjAw==</Id>