Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Forms Authentication with Active Directory using vb.net

Forms Authentication with Active Directory using vb.net

PLam

I have seen many examples of form authentication using c#. Can someone
point me to a sample using vb.net. I would like to use WinNT://domain,
instead of LDAP://, and role-based authorization

Thanks in advance.

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

This KBase article is a pretty good start:

Note that it would be a very bad idea to try to do this with the WinNT
provider if you have Active Directory. What's wrong with LDAP?

Joe K.

"PLam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have seen many examples of form authentication using c#. Can someone
> point me to a sample using vb.net. I would like to use WinNT://domain,
> instead of LDAP://, and role-based authorization
>
> Thanks in advance.

PLam

My mistake. I had it switched around. I was looking for LDAP instead of
WinNT

Thanks for posting!
"Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote