Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Impersonation and webproxy credentials

Impersonation and webproxy credentials

Davide Bedin

I configured my asp.net 1.1 application to impersonate a specific user
account that has the rights to access the web through the network ISA
server.

So I tried to access a web resource, an external web service, specifying the
ISA address for the webproxy class and setting the webproxy.Credentials =
System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials, I knew that in this scenario
the DefaultCredentials would be the credentials of the impersonated user.

Using the default credentials doesn't let me access the web service through
the ISA Server as I get a 407 Proxy Authentication Error. If I explicitly
create a new credentials object using the same user info of the impersonated
user account everything works as expected.

This sounds really strange to me, probably there is some additional setting
I might have set in a wrong way.

Thanks,
Davide