Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Access denied while trying QI on a DCOM object

Access denied while trying QI on a DCOM object

Craig Lee

We have a Web Service written in C# that accesses an ATL service via DCOM.
This all works great when both are on the same machine.

When I move to a two server scenario, I get an Access Denied error.

What is interesting is that I am able to get the Class Factory and then
create an instance of a COM interface. But I get the Access Denied error
when I then try and QueryInterface to another interface.

This all worked great under .NET 1.0. Has something changed in 1.1?

Thanks,

cl.

Craig Lee

I think that I figured it out with the help of a good Google hit (thank
goodness for Google). I was code that was setting the SecurityBlanket on
the interfaces but I wasn't setting it on the IUnknown interface. Thus,
when I did a QI against the first interface, I got an Access Denied error.

cl.

news:O$aKYKZ$(E-Mail Removed)...