Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > SSL for Intranets

SSL for Intranets

Harry Simpson

Is there a way to create our own certificate for our intranet .NET app. How
are other web app developers handling selling a web app that will require
SSL on the target server for intrnet use. Rather than go through an
expensive 3rd party cert, i'd like to roll our own server cert for just
intranet https client to server encryption.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Harry

Hernan de Lahitte

Perhaps a Certificate Server should be ok. You can install it on any W2K+
Servers flavors. Then with the web client you can send requested cert. that
you create in IIS (certreq.txt file).

For more info see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...SecNetHT16.asp

--
Hernan de Lahitte
Lagash Systems S.A.

"Harry Simpson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to create our own certificate for our intranet .NET app.

How
> are other web app developers handling selling a web app that will require
> SSL on the target server for intrnet use. Rather than go through an
> expensive 3rd party cert, i'd like to roll our own server cert for just
> intranet https client to server encryption.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Harry

Harry Simpson

Thanks Hernan,

We're MSDN subscriber so maybe we have what it takes to pull this off.

Harry

news:(E-Mail Removed)...