Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Authenticating against Novell.

Authenticating against Novell.

Keith

You're essentially trying to do pass-through NTLM
authentication against NDS. Novell has a solution for
this called "NDS Authentication Services".
Unfortunately, either that product is now wrapped into
something else or at the end of its life.

Here's a link:

http://developer.novell.com/ndk/nds-as.htm

I'd call Novell if I were you and find out the complete
answer.

Novell NDS with a
>functionnality like Windows Authentication.
>Let me explain. Clients on Windows network don't need to

enter their
>username/password to authenticate. In IIS allow

anonymous = false and
>Windows authentication is set to on, so the users are

validated against
>their domain\username. Come's a novell client....
>
>Will I have to get them to re-enter their novel

username/password
>combination so that at the webservice end I can Validate

their
>username/password pair in NDS or is there a way to get

the IIS box to
>authenticate the Novell user without passing the

username/password info.