Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Sharing documents

Sharing documents

=?Utf-8?B?c2liZWVy?=

I recently changed from DSL to cable and since then I cannot open shared
documents on my laptop. I can open shared documents that are on my laptop
from my PC, cannot open documents on my PC on my laptop. I use a wireless
connection between my two computers. I can go on line from my laptop so I
know that I am connected. any help would be appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?VHVyaQ==?=

I have the same problem and I also need help on this topic. A "way" to get
around this based on my observation is, to create a virtual CD containing the
data you want to use. In the long run this is of couse not the solution.
Turi

"sibeer" wrote:

> I recently changed from DSL to cable and since then I cannot open shared
> documents on my laptop. I can open shared documents that are on my laptop
> from my PC, cannot open documents on my PC on my laptop. I use a wireless
> connection between my two computers. I can go on line from my laptop so I
> know that I am connected. any help would be appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?c2liZWVy?=

Thanks for your thoughts. I just cannot get an answer from anywhere. To stop
my frustration I think I will hire someone to solve the problem.

"Turi" wrote:

> I have the same problem and I also need help on this topic. A "way" to get
> around this based on my observation is, to create a virtual CD containing the
> data you want to use. In the long run this is of couse not the solution.
> Turi
>
> "sibeer" wrote:
>
> > I recently changed from DSL to cable and since then I cannot open shared
> > documents on my laptop. I can open shared documents that are on my laptop
> > from my PC, cannot open documents on my PC on my laptop. I use a wireless
> > connection between my two computers. I can go on line from my laptop so I
> > know that I am connected. any help would be appreciated.

Ajay Agrawal

You did not provide enough information, like what OS you running etc. Are
you running XP Professional SP2? What is the OS at your desktop?

If you are running XP SP2 on your laptop, make sure that File sharing is not
blocked by firewall. You can try disabling firewall at your laptop.

You can find more info at:
http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

Thanks,
-Ajay

"sibeer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your thoughts. I just cannot get an answer from anywhere. To
> stop
> my frustration I think I will hire someone to solve the problem.
>
> "Turi" wrote:
>
>> I have the same problem and I also need help on this topic. A "way" to
>> get
>> around this based on my observation is, to create a virtual CD containing
>> the
>> data you want to use. In the long run this is of couse not the solution.
>> Turi
>>
>> "sibeer" wrote:
>>
>> > I recently changed from DSL to cable and since then I cannot open
>> > shared
>> > documents on my laptop. I can open shared documents that are on my
>> > laptop
>> > from my PC, cannot open documents on my PC on my laptop. I use a
>> > wireless
>> > connection between my two computers. I can go on line from my laptop so
>> > know that I am connected. any help would be appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?c2liZWVy?=

I am using Windows XP Home SP2 on both my laptop and my PC. I have disabled
the firewall on both my PC an laptop.

Thanks

"Ajay Agrawal" wrote:

> You did not provide enough information, like what OS you running etc. Are
> you running XP Professional SP2? What is the OS at your desktop?
>
> If you are running XP SP2 on your laptop, make sure that File sharing is not
> blocked by firewall. You can try disabling firewall at your laptop.
>
> You can find more info at:
> http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm
>
> Thanks,
> -Ajay
>
> "sibeer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks for your thoughts. I just cannot get an answer from anywhere. To
> > stop
> > my frustration I think I will hire someone to solve the problem.
> >
> > "Turi" wrote:
> >
> >> I have the same problem and I also need help on this topic. A "way" to
> >> get
> >> around this based on my observation is, to create a virtual CD containing
> >> the
> >> data you want to use. In the long run this is of couse not the solution.
> >> Turi

=?Utf-8?B?c2liZWVy?=

Back on the 8th of the month I ask if anyone could help me with a file
sharing program and oustated that you had a similar problem. I have solved my
problem and this information might be of help to you.
After much trying I found out my problem was caused by PC-cillin Internet
Security 2005. The firewall in the program prevented me from sharing files
from my laptop to my PC. If you use PC-cillin that may be the problem. If not
you might try elininating the firewall you are using or any other software
firewall you have on your machine and depend on the firewall of your router.
You may have to play around for a while but I think this may resolve your
problem. If you use PC-cillin you cannot close the firewall from the main
screen as this will also disable your anti-virus program. You have to disable
from the program files. If you need help in this let me know and I will give
you step by step help.