Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > consuming webservice over ssl problem

consuming webservice over ssl problem

Rea Peleg

Hey all
I'm following msdn's 'Call a Web Service Using SSL' how to.
I have complited successfully the first 2 steps (creating a simple web
service
and configuring the Web Service Virtual Directory to Require SSL (with a
test certificate)).
Now I'm trying to test the Web Service Using a Browser.
I'm using the following url:
https://127.0.0.1/securemath/math.asmx
but i get the 'page cannot be displayed' error.
The same link with the ssl port does not work either
https://127.0.0.1:443/securemath/math.asmx
If I remove the ssl requirement from the webservice site I can access it.
Any idea where I should start looking??
The only flow I can find in my schema is that I'm using a win 2k
professional
machine as server instead of win2k server. Can this be the problem?
Thanks again
Rea