Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Security > Creates my own authentication service?

Creates my own authentication service?

cyril

Hi guys,
I would like to develop my own authentication service and to use it in
several projects. Also, my service should implement windows, forms,
sql Server or LDAP authentication.
My first thought was to use the factory pattern to choose "on the fly"
the appropriate authentication mode (you just have to change the line
in the config fileÓ? What do you think about this kind of approach?

Thanks for the answers
Cyril

Keith

This is a solid standard approach. Take into
consideration though that not all SQL Server databases
will be the same, and that each solution will handle
roles and permissions differently. More importantly,
don't forget you might encounter combinations where you
authenticate off of a domain but need to cross reference
user account information in SQL Server about that user.
The safest approach is to create a shell and customize as
needed. No two projects tend to be alike unless you're
working from a single organization with a single approach
for authentication.

Good luck!